NELGA is a partnership of leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance with the aim of strengthening human and institutional capacities for the implementation of the AU agenda on land.
Learn more about NELGA and its actions here: www.nelga.org
Currently our community uses the following platforms, each with specific purpose:
• NELGA email list – primary conversation and correspondence platform
• The African Journal on Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences
• NELGA Social Media spaces – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Youtube all tagged NELGA
• NELGA Community of Practice - Discourse page
We are at this time working towards having a group email address.
NELGA uses the ECA Discourse knowledge exchange platform for its online community of practice activities.
Logging in as a member to this group will enable you to edit your profile, read and post messages via the platform (instead of via email) and use other features from the platform such as the calendar and hashtags.
To log in to this page:
• Visit the sign-up page and register
• Enter your email and password
• If you haven’t set a password or if you forgot your password, click the "forgot password” option
• If you don’t receive the email check your spam or junk mail folder
For more information on how to use the page, click on this short video - https://knowledge.uneca.org/discourse
Things to Note
• All members can post to the group.
• Admission into the group require approval from the moderators.
• Messages are set to reply to group.
• Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
• Members can edit their messages.
• Recommended Hashtags for posts to help follow conversations and topic threads
How to Contribute to Discussions
There are 2 main ways to contribute to the discussions
- Reply to a message on the platforms: Visit the discussion page of your group to find all conversations and choose the one(s) you would like to reply to. To reply to a specific message, click on its title to open the message. Click on the reply button at the bottom of the message and you can enter your text and send. Replies can be made both in French and English.
- Compose a message on the platform: Click on the NELGA tab on the left-hand side of the home page and click on, ‘start a discussion’ on your group page in the left navigation. Enter a subject line and your text. Add a hashtag if appropriate.
Note: If you would like to jointly work and review a document with a COP member, please click on this link, https://teams.uneca.org/share/page, as it takes you to the Alfresco page where you can share and edit documents together. If you have a problem, please contact email@example.com.
We welcome anyone to join our discussions as long as we stay positive, tolerant, open and on topic! To avoid any inappropriate messages the discussions will be monitored and moderated.
Some tips and guidelines for enjoyable discussions:
• Participate: The group will only be useful if we all participate. Be ready to exchange, share, post, reply!
• Help others: Sharing knowledge and information, means helping others.
• Respect others: We have a diverse group of members, with different backgrounds and from different context. It is important we respect each other and each other’s point of view.
• Add background information and sources: When possible add background information, links, sources, etc. so the other members can read/learn more on the topic you are sharing.
• Report mistakes or glitches: Nothing is perfect, neither will this group be. Do you see any mistakes? Is something not working properly? Was your message not shared? Please report it to the group administration and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.